Marketing and Outreach Manager
Status: Part-time (20 hours/week); non-exempt
The Community School of Music and Arts (CSMA) seeks to fill the position of Marketing and Outreach Manager. We invite diverse, qualified individuals to apply to join our creative team.
- Create and implement an annual marketing and communications plan, ensuring consistent promotion of CSMA’s brand and effective strategies using available resources for reaching key constituent groups and targeting new audiences.
- Build relationships with relevant media outlets and journalists. Write and distribute press releases, fostering a positive and enhanced regional media presence.
- Manage CSMA’s website, social media, and e-newsletter. Create compelling content across digital platforms and evaluate strategies with analytics.
- Develop print materials, such as postcards, posters, brochures, ads, and donor appeals. Oversee publication and distribution.
- Seek and coordinate opportunities for public speaking and participation at events.
- Oversee photography of CSMA programs and events, and image cataloguing.
- Bachelor’s degree or professional experience in marketing, communications, writing, or a related field.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency and inventiveness writing copy in various styles for all media platforms and diverse audiences.
- Savvy with social media tools, platforms, analytics, and best practices. Knowledge of WordPress and website management.
- Strong sense of design and familiarity with photo editing tools.
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to self-organize, prioritize, and work efficiently under deadlines.
- Knowledge of the community and local media, experience in the arts, and experience in the not-for-profit sector preferred.
The Community School of Music and Arts offers arts education programs for all ages and is a popular venue for performances, gallery exhibitions, and events. We’re a dynamic community space for people of all ages and backgrounds to explore ideas, artistic expression and creativity together.
CSMA celebrates diversity and seeks talented applicants from diverse communities. We are committed to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that is welcoming for all, regardless of race, color, age, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, class, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, and religion.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 or more content samples by email to Robin Tropper-Herbel, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter must be included for the candidate to be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Apply on Indeed.