Job Title: Camp Coordinator
Job Category: Seasonal position, not eligible for CSMA employee benefits
Travel Required: Local Field Trips
Level/Salary Range: $17.20 /hour
Position Type: Full-time, summer
Reports to: Education Manager
Camp Weeks: July 31st – August 4th
August 7th – August 11th
August 14th – August 18th
August 21st – August 25th
August 28th – September 1st
Hours: Planning hours prior to Camp are up to 60 hours.
Camp work hours: 40 hours/week for 5 weeks of camp.
Applications Accepted By: E-mail cover letter and resume to Yxi Ojeda, Education Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role and Responsibilities
The Camp Coordinator will plan the 5 weeks of Arts All Around You [AAAY] camp and aftercare for 6-9
● Schedule and hire teaching artists
● Schedule, supervise, and hire counselors
● Schedule and attend field trips, and oversee travel and logistics of field trips
● Finalize all details of weekly camp schedules including teaching artists, field trips, and teaching team
● Work closely with team members to implement design of program, and make any necessary adjustments throughout camp weeks
● Communicate with teaching artists re: scheduling and specifics of instructions
● Communicate upon registration via parent packets and weekly communications with the families
● Organize all documentation of children including medical forms, permissions, etc.
● Identify and order supplies for camp, with approval of Education Manager
● Support program as needed throughout camp weeks
● Maintain a safe, inclusive environment for children, families, and team members
Qualifications and Education Requirements
BA required. Arts and/or Arts Education experience is strongly preferred.
Excellent organizational and communication skills are required. Clear, comfortable communication with 6-9-year-olds, their families, team leader, and team members. Candidates must be friendly, flexible, and resourceful. Candidates must be proficient in Google Calendar, drive, and other platforms.
CSMA celebrates diversity and seeks talented applicants from diverse communities. We are committed to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that is welcoming for all, regardless of race, color, age, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, class, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, and religion.