Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Category: Part-time (22.5 hours/week); non-exempt
Compensation: $15.50 – 16.50/hour; paid time off
The Community School of Music and Arts (CSMA) seeks an Administrative Assistant to provide customer service and administrative support for the organization’s arts education programs, events, and nonprofit mission. We invite diverse, qualified individuals to apply to join our creative team.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Communicate with students, faculty, and the general public. Respond to phone and email inquiries, providing information and referrals while representing the organization in a friendly and professional manner.
- Greet students, faculty, and visitors in person.
- Perform program registrations, payment transactions, and records updates, interfacing with database systems.
- Provide clerical and communications support to staff and faculty.
- Organize and maintain inventory of office supplies, and oversee office equipment operations.
- Maintain neat appearance of business office, lobby, bulletin boards, and employee break room.
- Assist with mailings.
- Assist with intake and sale of artwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous customer service or administrative support experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, timely communication, and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Numeracy and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in standard office software, internet, and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Commitment to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion within programs, and to cultivating an organizational culture of acceptance and belonging for people of all backgrounds and identities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Availability to work Tuesday to Friday from 2:30-7:00 PM and Saturday from 9:30 AM-2:00 PM.
- Experience with FileMaker Pro and Google applications.
- Connection with diverse local communities.
- Interest in the arts and experience in the not-for-profit sector.
The Community School of Music and Arts offers arts education programs and is a popular venue for performances, gallery exhibitions, and events. We’re a dynamic community space for people of all ages and backgrounds to explore ideas, artistic expression and creativity together.
CSMA celebrates diversity and seeks talented applicants from diverse communities. We are committed to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that is welcoming for all, regardless of race, color, age, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, class, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, and religion.
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to Robin Tropper-Herbel, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Both resume and cover letter must be included for the candidate to be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.